Make a Gift From My IRA
If you are 70 ½ or older, making charitable gifts from your IRA is likely to provide options not otherwise possible. From making an even bigger difference to the patients at Lurie Children's to reducing your taxable income, this giving option offers many benefits.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- In 2021, IRA owners age 72 and older will resume their required minimum distribution (RMD) from IRAs.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- To make a gift from your IRA, provide your plan administrator with our legal name, address and federal tax ID:
Legal name: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Foundation (if abbreviation is needed please use Lurie Children's Hospital)
Address: 225 E. Chicago Avenue, Box 4, Chicago, IL 60611
Federal Tax ID: 36-3357006
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Your message has been sent.