What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You create a legacy of hope and healing
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Foundation as part of your estate plan.
Sample bequest language for a will, codicil, or revocable living trust:
I give (legal description of property, specific dollar amount, desired percentage or rest, residue and remainder of my estate) to Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Foundation, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation, located at 225 E. Chicago Avenue, Box 4, Chicago, Illinois, to be used in support of its mission OR to support (program or department) at Lurie Children's.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets. To designate Lurie Children's as the charitable beneficiary of an IRA, life insurance policy or donor-advised fund (DAF), simply share the below information with your administrator:
Legal name: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Foundation
Address: 225 E. Chicago Avenue, Box 4, Chicago, IL 60611
Federal Tax ID: 36-3357006